"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, April 16, 2011

When Dealing With Wingnuts

the best strategy is to raise the stakes. You may know that the Proponents of Prop 8 filed a motion in the Circuit Court to recall all video recordings of the trial in Perry vs. Schwarzenegger and put them under seal. Now the Plaintiffs in the case have filed a response.

10-16696 Appellees Opp

I have to confess, my first reaction when I ran across this at AmericaBlog Gay was to laugh outright. Timothy Kincaid managed to pop off a post wondering how anyone could be so stupid before he had his giggle fit.

Here's a report of Vaughan Walker's reaction to the Proponents' complaint.

The Plaintiffs' response, of course, is the only possible one: you rebut their arguments (no hard task, in this cases) and then go for the throat.


Sidebar: ran across this piece at Evangelical Outpost when I was looking for a link to a story about the Proponents' filing. Worth a read -- very clear exposition of the basics of the case.

No comments: