"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, May 13, 2011

Payback

And the Republicans don't like it.

The Republican freshman class in the House is very willing to forget the past and move ahead.

House Republican freshmen admit that their so-called "MediScare" attacks on Democrats helped them win a big majority in 2010. Democrats had voted for the health care law, which included $500 billion in "cuts" to Medicare -- primarily slashing overpayments to private insurers -- and Republican challengers never let them forget it.

Now, they say, it's time to let bygones be bygones.


They don't want anyone to remember that they got into office by sniping at the Democrats for gutting Medicare:

"Let's get past the past. Let's move forward to the future, and say, 'ok, today is today, and we have a real problem,'" Kinzinger said.

The teabaggers in Congress are the problem, if you ask me, so I think the Democrats are, for a change, doing the right thing: using their own tactics against them. After all, it worked for the loonies.

And let's face it, Paul Ryan's "Roadmap to Ruin," which they all voted for, is one hell of an albatross. I don't see why the Democrats should let anyone forget what these assholes are about.

Here's the letter. Talk about a mealy-mouthed piece of CYA.

My advice to the Democrats: hit them harder, and don't let up.

No comments: