"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, May 23, 2011

Totally Fascinating

This is a picture of two volcanic plumes on Jupiter's moon, Io, which is interesting enough itself, but what struck me is there's this whole world there, with what look like oceans and continents and the whole works.


I realize it's a composite image, and the colors are probably slightly exaggerated, but it's also beautiful.

I needed something to cheer me up today.

1 comment:

NPT said...

Totally fascinating indeed. Is this the moon with the sulphur dioxide volcanoes? There's another moon covered with mile thick ice oceans, which they think are liquid at the bottom. Fascinating.