"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, February 20, 2012

Today's Must Read

You remember, I hope, my comments on NYT Public Editor Arthur Brisbane's seemingly clueless question to readers: Should we be refuting false statements in our news stories? Well, Jay Rosen has a blockbuster post at Pressthink on that story, with follow-up.

It's long, but it's worth reading. I have a few thoughts on it -- Rosen skips a couple of points that I think are important -- but I'll have to come back to it later.

No comments: