"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Regnerus Update


Scott Rose, who's been bird-dogging the scandalously political "study" by Mark Regnerus and the Witherspoon Institute (because I believe in giving credit where credit it due), has published an interview with Dr. Andrew Perrin, a very highly respected cultural and political sociologist, about the "study." A snippet:
“I think the study is so thoroughly flawed, in particular with respect to its categorization of ‘gay’ and ‘lesbian,’ that no conclusions can be drawn with sufficient confidence to report, publicize, or use them.”

This will, of course, not stop NOM, the FRC, or anyone else from reporting, publicizing, or using them. The study has even been cited in one of the DOMA appeals. (You can tell the professional gay-bashers are getting desperate.)

Read the whole article at the link -- it's one of Rose's best on this subject.

No comments: