"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, August 08, 2013

They Just Don't Get It

This is probably one of the most offensive things I've read in a good long while -- and I don't mean "offensive" in the polite, PC way that so many people use the term, I mean outright, grievously insulting. And this is a statement meant to ameliorate previous insults. Sandy Rios, who has the double whammy of having a radio show for AFA and being a Fox News commentator. (Uh, Ms. Rios -- be careful. You know what they say about three strikes.) >Via Joe.My.God.

I would never say that homosexuals cannot love. They can, of course. Capable of great love. And I know there’s been tremendous heartbreak in the homosexual community – and I’ve talked about this before – heartbreak when you lose a loved one, heartbreak when you break up. Because, you know, there aren’t many lasting relationships – maybe among lesbians, but certainly not among gay men, that’s not the norm. So, there’s a lot of heartbreak, a lot of rejection when you get older, so I know that you’re capable and able. You’re humans, you love. The point is, the right kind of love. The right kind of love is life-giving. And the right kind of love is love for God, love for your natural family, love between a man and a woman and a woman and a man in marriage. Not cohabitating. There’s just some standards that God lays down.

The key part, of course, starts with "the right kind of love." I imagine that's the love experienced by the "right kind" of people, if you know what I mean. (And I have to give the standard response to the "God" part: Which god would that be, exactly?)

And this is supposed to somehow ameliorate the comments she made equating the love between two men or two women with the "love" that Ariel Castro felt for the women he kidnapped and imprisoned.


No comments: