"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Some People Have Really Screwed Up Priorities

This was actually in the comments to this story, about a program by a group of American evangelicals to air-drop Bibles to starving North Koreans. Bibles. The people are literally starving, and they drop Bibles -- which are illegal in North Korea. Having a Bible in your possession could land you and your family in a prison camp.

At any rate, this seems to sum up most of contemporary conservative thought:


With thanks to commenter Homo Erectus.

And it actually ties into this post from Timothy Kincaid at BTB. At least it does if you have a sense of how my mind works.




No comments: