"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Little Drive-By Post (Updated)

A few things I've seen over the past few days that I don't have any real commentary on, but felt they should be noted:

On Jobs and the Economy:

billmon @billmon1

Relying on econ growth alone to hold down unemployment (and thus inequality) is like a cancer cell assuming its host will live forever.

1:55 PM - 15 Dec 2013

27 Retweets 14 favorites

That sort of does it for the GOP "budget proposals."

The Pope Strikes Back:

I'm not sure how significant this is, but I think it is. But -- any guesses that the motivation is more about being critical of the pope, and less about opposing abortion and same-sex marriage?

You Mean Mass, Warrantless Searches are Unconstitutional?

That's what a federal judge says. Here's the ruling.

Today in Christian Love:

Some places, saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" can get you assaulted.

Who Domesticated Who? And When?

Of Cats and Men.

And that seems as good a place as any to stop.

Update:

I just ran across this one at Right Wing Watch, and it pretty much typifies something I've noticed about a lot of the "Christians" poisoning the airwaves (and print media, as well) lately: It's all about them. Robert Oscar Lopez is one of the most egregious examples, but he's not that far out of the range.

Do you supposed they ever listen to themselves?






2 comments:

Glenn Ingersoll said...

Your "of cats and men" link takes one to the article about the Salvation Army assault.

Hunter said...

Thanks. Fixed it.