"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Worst Crisis in American History!!1!

At least, according to Brian Brown, who sees his paycheck vanishing:


All the buzzwords in one screed.

And just reading through, it's really 85% BS and 15% filler. ("Just imagine all the horrible things that might happen, maybe, someday, in a universe far away. I can imagine them -- why can't you?") And noting the catalogue of horrors perpetrated on god-fearing "Christians" under gay marriage -- oh, wait: most of those cases happened in states where same-sex marriage isn't legal. Those people were in violation of existing anti-discrimination laws. I guess the take-away is that "Christians" are above the law. Of course, that's a pillar of certain brands of the religion: there's no impetus to live a decent life and behave kindly and generously to your fellows, because, no matter what kind of creep you've been, Jesus will forgive you.

And as for Pappy Duck -- please. That train left the station ages ago.

The problem with being a one-trick pony is that if your one trick doesn't work, you're screwed.

(I like ponies, and if I had a one-trick pony, I would make sure it knew I loved it just as much as the ponies that knew two tricks. But then, ponies don't make their living hating people.)

No comments: