"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, August 15, 2014

Two of My Favorite Things

Henry Cavill and animals. I had no idea Cavill was an animal person, but that just makes him more adorable.

Watch this short video:


For those who don't know, the Durrell Wildlife Park was started by Gerald Durrell, younger brother of famous author Lawrence Durrell (if you haven't read The Alexandria Quartet, you must), and was himself a talented writer who turned out a number of very funny books about the Durrell family and his own adventures as an animal collector for zoos. He became an ardent conservationist, hence the founding of the park.

Cavill is also something of a conservationist, as witness his own site, Cavill Conservation.

Via Socialite Life.

No comments: