"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, October 27, 2014

Marriage News Watch, October 27, 2014

AFER hasn't posted its video yet -- I'll pop it in here as soon as I run across it -- but I wanted to plug in these two bits:

First, an interview with Ted Olson:

"I do not believe that the United States Supreme Court could rule that all of those laws prohibiting marriage are suddenly constitutional after all these individuals have gotten married and their rights have changed," he said in an interview on Capital Download. "To have that snatched away, it seems to me, would be inhuman; it would be cruel; and it would be inconsistent with what the Supreme Court has said about these issues in the cases that it has rendered."

Blogger won't accept the embed code for the video, so click through for the complete interview.

And for the Giggle du Jour, Westboro Baptist Church has filed a motion to intervene in Kansas' appeal of the 10th Circuit's ruling on SSM:
It is no small matter for a nation to accept the sin of sodomy, and the lifestyle or agenda that it entails. The description of the utter annihilation of Sodom and Gomorrah and three nearby cities is stark, and directly tied to homosexuality. This historical event described in Genesis 19:1-28, Holy Bible, must be considered at this hour, in all its graphic glory, and can be found at Addendum 2 for ready reference. Every adult, child, suckling and animal – utterly destroyed. (Most likely amidst a lot of talk about committed loving relationships and dignity and respect.) Sodom is held as an example in the New Testament, for instance: “Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

My immediate reaction was that Kansas already has Sam Brownback -- how can it get worse?

The complete filing is here, but I recommend you cover your keyboard before reading.

No comments: