"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Culture Break: Harold Budd: "The Gunfighter"

I'm not sure when or where I first ran across Harold Budd -- I'm sure it must have been in my New Age days, when I ran across a lot of interesting music -- and even more that was not so interesting.

At any rate, Budd is one of those artists who has worked with everyone -- Brian Eno, the Cocteau Twins, you name it, he's probably collaborated with them on something.

It's also almost impossible to find a video of his music that is actually a video -- that is, moving pictures. This one's rather expressionistic, especially compared to the music, which is from Lovely Thunder, which is the first of his albums I got my hands on, and still one of my favorites.


(Be warned -- this is from a playlist, which means it will keep going to the next video unless you tell it to stop.)

No comments: