"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Updtate on the Economy: Compare and Contrast

I while back I posted come comments on the contrast between the economies of Wisconsin and Minnesota resulting from the economic policies of their governors. Well, Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin has got his "right to work" bill, and it's having an effect -- just not the one he expected:

A Wisconsin business owner upset over enactment of a right-to-work law and other policies says he is expanding in Minnesota because the economic policies there are more conducive for his operation.

James Hoffman, president of Hoffman Construction in Black River Falls, said Monday that he was accelerating plans to expand an office in Lakeville, Minnesota, that currently has two full-time employees.

I'm not sure that the "right to work" bill was the sole impetus -- in fact, I'm sure it's not: Walker has cut back on government spending, including infrastructure projects -- but it looks like a case of the final straw.

Via Crooks and Liars.


No comments: