"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, May 18, 2015

Marriage News Watch, May 18, 2015

Texas is setting itself up for a showdown with the Supreme Court. A bill to defy the court's rulings died in the House last week, but anti-gay politicians could find a sneaky way to revive it. Meanwhile, the Attorney General of Texas refuses to say if he'll obey the Supreme Court's ruling in June.


I really have nothing to say, except maybe the armed forces should invade Texas.

1 comment:

Piet said...

I don't think the armed forces should invade Texas - they probably wouldn't even want to - but I do think Texas should be allowed to go its own way, sooner rather than later, and return to being a republic on its own. It can defend its own border with Mexico, deal with its own degraded environment from oil drilling and fracking, and repair its own hurricane damage along the Gulf Coast. The US would be well rid of Texas as a state and if we were to do the right thing by one of our territories or commonwealths, we'd still have fifty stars on the flag and not have to re-make the old 49-star version.