"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Today In Disgusting People

The latest bigoted baker looking for martyrdom:

A same-sex couple says they were saddened last week when a Longview bakery refused to bake their wedding cake, and the business owner said it would have offended her faith for the business to be linked to the event.

See -- you don't even have to "participate" any more to be offended. I wonder if living in the same town as this couple offends her faith?

And you get prejudice and ignorance in one hefty package:

Edie Delorme, co-owner of Kern’s with her husband, David, said she was up-front when the couple replied. “And when they said it was them, I said, ‘Sorry. We don’t provide cakes for homosexual marriages,'” she said. “It’s not against people or what they choose to be part of.”

Of course it's against people. What does this idiot think her actions are based on? (Sorry, "the Bible" is not the correct answer.) And what they "choose" to be part of? From a woman who has voluntarily subscribed to a bigoted version of a religion that's a lot better than what she represents.

Sorry, but these people disgust me. And of course, this is Texas.

No comments: