"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, May 14, 2016

More Disgusting People

They're out in full force -- the bathroom nannies, that is. Here's just a brief recap from this morning's headlines at The New Civil Rights Movement:

Tony Perkins Calls for Obama's Impeachment Over Transgender Directive for the 'Safety of Children'

Well, it worked for Anita Bryant

Mississippi Governor on Transgender Directive: 'Disregard' Obama's 'Social Experiment'

"The directive is nonbinding, and does not carry the force of law. Because these decisions are better left to the states, and not made at the point of a federal bayonet, Mississippi's public schools should not participate in the president's social experiment."

Somehow, I can't quite wrap my head around the idea that equal treatment under the law is a "social experiment." Oh, by the way, Governor -- you've heard of the Supremacy Clause?

Pat McCrory Hypocritically Slams Obama Transgender Directive as 'Massive Executive Branch Overreach'

"Most Americans," McCrory, claims, "including this governor, believe that government is searching for a solution to a problem that has yet to be defined."

I really can't think of an appropriate response. But then, it's Pat McCrory, a known weasel.

Oh, and by the way, Governor: most Americans are opposed to laws like your Hate Bill 2.

Texas Superintendent Says Obama Directive on Transgender Students 'Going Straight to the Shredder'

"I don't recognize President Obama. I expect a President to be a strong, fearless leader. Nothing he does has any shred of leadership."

Strange -- I would have considered this letter an example of leadership. In fact, Obama's whole stance on LGBT issues falls under the heading "leadership."


One wonders if they would be so outraged if the president were white. Just asking. I mean, look at where all these jerks are from.


No comments: