"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Giggle du Jour

Brian Brown has finally sent out a press release on Saturday's March for Marriage, and it's -- well, a sample:

I’m writing with great news — the 2016 March for Marriage this past Saturday in Washington was a tremendous success! We had about 400 people join us at the rally and march and they were an enthusiastic and inspiring group of supporters!

Many families came together to march. One family I spoke with drove down from Philadelphia. Another family came from Long Island. We had people join us from as far away as Utah and California. I met people from throughout the north east and the south. One supporter even came from Sri Lanka to be with us! In short it was a great event! You can see some photos here.

Sri Lanka?

Joe comments:

This, despite a physical head-count by ThinkProgress showing that only 237 people turned out. And that count included babies, passersby, counter-protesters, and the media.

Brown's losing steam. In past years, 237 would have translated into an "official" count of at least 5,000.



No comments: