"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Alpha Male?

If wishes were nickels.

The Pussy Tape just won't die:

"I think it's locker room banter," Eric Trump told volunteers in the campaign's Denver, Colorado office Monday, as The Gazette reported. "I think sometimes when guys are together they get carried away, and sometimes that's what happens when alpha personalities are in the same presence."

If I can point out one small detail: alpha males don't talk like that. They don't have to. Pudgy, stubby-fingered losers talk like that.

And if you want to know what guys actually talk about in the locker room, ask someone who knows.

Said Kluwe in his piece published on Vox, “I was in an NFL locker room for eight years, the very definition of the macho, alpha male environment you’re so feebly trying to evoke to protect yourself, and not once did anyone approach your breathtaking depths of arrogant imbecility.”

Kluwe added, “Oh, sure, we had some dumb guys, and some guys I wouldn’t want to hang out with on any sort of regular basis, but we never had anyone say anything as foul and demeaning as you did on that tape, and, hell, I played a couple years with a guy who later turned out to be a serial rapist. Even he never talked like that.”

'Nuff said?





No comments: