"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Stray Thought: "They'll Pay For It"

It just occurred to me, thinking about Trump's insistence that Mexico will pay for his wall, that NATO and our other allies should pick up the tab for having troops stationed on their soil -- that's the way he's always done business: put together a project, line up investors and loans, pocket the cash, and walk away, letting everyone else pick up the tab.

No comments: