"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, July 28, 2017

Today in Disgusting People

Pastor-Governor Mike Huckabee (who doesn't know the difference between the two) is not happy about the Senate doing its duty -- in this case, killing the latest incarnation of Trumpcare:



The article goes on to theorize about the genesis of this idea:

Obviously he’s frustrated with last night’s failure of the Republicans to repeal Obamacare. But the reason that repeal of the 17th Amendment would favor his party is because the majority of state legislatures are Republican. The Republicans control both chambers in 33 states. Not because the majority of Americans are Republican, mind you. But because Republicans have gerrymandered their way into power.

I have another answer: He's a Republican, and Republicans, as has become more and more obvious, don't like democracy. Look what they put in the White House.

Via Joe.My.God.

No comments: