"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, August 10, 2017

If You Needed a Reminder

About just how fundamentally anti-American right-wing "Christians" are, here it is: presenting Pastor Robert Jeffress, of Dallas' First Baptist Church:

I wanted to clarify that I believe the Bible, especially Romans 13, does give President Trump moral authority to use whatever force necessary, including assassination or even war, to topple an evil dictator like Kim Jong Un. And I believe the Bible is very clear about that.

There's one small problem with that: the Christian Bible is not our governing document. And our governing document, the Constitution of the United States of America, is very concerned with setting limits on the powers of the president.

But here's the funny part:

And one thing I know about President Trump after being around him for the last two years is this: unlike his predecessor, when President Donald Trump draws a red line, he’s not going to erase it, move away from it, or back down from it.

No, he'll just pretend he never said it -- and then start in on how he won the popular vote by millions.

There's video at the link, but my stomach's not up to actually watching it this morning.

And if you're not familiar with Jeffress, here's a nice little recap.

The man's beyond delusional. Unless, of course, he's just another reflexive liar.

Six of one. . . .

No comments: