"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, March 25, 2018

March for Our Lives, Part 3

From Susie Madrak at Crooks and Liars, this post is largely a series of tweets from various cities (not all in this country) showing the rallies and marches.

A sampling:

From New Albany, Indiana -- Mike Pence territory:



From Chicago:



From Edinburgh -- yes, that's in Scotland:



I don't know where this is from, but it's obviously not just teenagers who are getting involved:



It goes on, from St. Paul to Ft. Worth to Portland to Amsterdam -- according to this story, marches took place in 800 cities in all 50 states and 30 countries:



You think some of NRA's wholly-owned subsidiaries in Congress are going to get a clue? Don't hold your breath. Vote them out in November.


No comments: