"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Racist du Jour

None other than Ann Coulter, who had her heart set on The Wall:

Far-right personality Ann Coulter lashed out at President Donald Trump during a Wednesday appearance with Fox Business anchor Lou Dobbs.

“Even though I was on a tweet storm last night, I got in rather late and I’m sorry about some of the language, however, I was right on the law,” Coulter claimed.

I wonder about Coulter's much-touted reputation as one of the "intellectual lights" of the conservative movement. Here's the tweets in question:



An "attack on our nation"? Seriously? Can you say "paranoid fantasies"?



And Congress has to authorize payment. Coulter obviously knows as much about how the government works as Trump does.

Here's the really funny part:

Coulter also said Trump had changed since being elected president.

“The shallow coarse ignoramus, yes it was a selling point because he didn’t care what people thought of him and now all he wants is for Goldman Sachs to like him,” Coulter claimed. “I don’t know what happened, but that’s a different president. I haven’t changed, he has.”

Trump hasn't changed. He's never had any principles, except "Me first!" And Coulter couldn't figure it out.

There's video at the link, if your stomach's up to it.

No comments: