"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, November 19, 2018

Today in Disgusting People

You get a choice.

First, one of the perennial favorites:



How mature.

The Congressman's name, of course, is Adam Schiff. And special prosecutors don't need Senate confirmation. They're hired by the Attorney General.

This one just keeps piling it on:

Speaking to a college crowd, Hyde-Smith says, "There's a lot of liberal folks in those other schools who maybe we don't want to vote. Maybe we want to make it just a little more difficult. And I think that's a great idea."

Of course, she's a Republican. And of course, she's from Mississippi:

This is not the first time Hyde-Smith has used a racist "joke" in recent days. In speaking of a supporter of her, she said, "If he invited me to a public hanging, I'd be on the front row."

Lynching was popular in Mississippi. Between 1877 and 1950, 654 lynchings of black people were reported in the state, and were often treated as an outing for white people in the state.

What really depresses me is that I could come up with a post like this every day.

No comments: