"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, October 28, 2019

Take Me Out To the Ball Game!

So the acting president decided to attend the World Series game in Washington. Apparently he was late -- perhaps he didn't want to witness the first pitch (no, he wasn't asked) thrown out by an immigrant:



As you'll note from his tweet, Andres has fed well over a million people struck by disasters, most notably in the Bahamas after the recent hurricane.

At any rate, the president's reception was not, I suspect, what he was expecting:



Both tweets courtesy of commenter DoILookAmused2u? RĂ©sistance☨ at Joe.My.God. (There are a number of comments on this episode, with videos.)


No comments: