"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Culture Break: Real Life: Catch Me I'm Falling

I'm not sure how I ran across Real Life -- probably when their first big hit, "Send Me An Angel", was inescapable. (I also seemed to be hearing a lot of Australian bands at that point -- Duran Duran, Icehouse, and there were a couple of others.) This is their other big international hit:


From the description at YouTube:

Real Life are a Melbourne-based Australian New Wave/synthpop[1] band that had hits with their debut single, "Send Me an Angel" (1983) and with "Catch Me I'm Falling" (1983), both of which were featured on the band's debut album Heartland (1983).

No comments: