"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, January 05, 2020

Quote of the Day

Embedded in a post from Digby about Trump's campaign rally at an evangelical mega-church in Florida was this choise tidbit:

“I really believe he was sent to us,” she said. “From one to ten, he’s a ten. He lives in a Christian world and we needed a strong Christian, somebody who is not afraid. He speaks for us, has the guts and courage to speak what we want to say. His actions, his intentions, are Christian.”

Given what "Christianity" has become in the last forty years, I can't dispute her -- but this is a case of "that doesn't mean what she thinks it means".

And I'm sure in her daily life she passes as a perfectly normal, sane person. To any rational, moral person, she's obviously delusional. But she votes -- which in itself should scare you.

And do read the whole post -- it really looks as though the Trump team is running scared.

No comments: