"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Rabbits Are Magical

We have a couple of rabbits on our block. I see them sometimes munching away at a patch of lawn across the street, usually only one, but sometimes two, usually in the evening, but sometimes in the morning. They also browse around the garden at my place.

And they appear and disappear without warning. This morning I was out and saw one across the street, and when I turned to come back inside, the other one had appeared. They do that. The other evening I was out and the one across the street suddenly just vanished.

I've seen that happen before -- I was at the Zoo just outside the south entrance, and there was a rabbit browsing just inside the fence, next to a shrub. There was a squirrel foraging on the other side of the shrub, and sure enough, they were suddenly face to face. The squirrel levitated about three feet and the rabbit just disappeared. Gone. Poof.

They're also really good at holding very, very still, so they're hard to see to begin with.

No comments: