"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

He Said It Again

I have two possibilities for the origins of statements like this:

“When somebody’s the president of the United States, the authority is total … and the governors know that,” said Trump. “The authority of the president of the United States is total.”

He probably thinks that's the case -- he's cited Article II of the Constitution, saying it says he can do whatever he wants. (Anyone who's read it knows it says just the opposite.) And Moscow Mitch's Senate has rubber-stamped that idea.

I really can't decide whether he's setting us up for the idea of Trump as President for Life -- which assumes he's much more of a strategic thinker than we have any evidence for -- or whether he's living in a fantasy world built around his own megalomania.

Hmm.

I'll take "megalomania" for four hundred, Alex.

No comments: