"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Bill Barr Lies! Water is Wet!

Of course he does -- he's a Trumpie. Via Digby:


The truth is somewhat different:

Far-right extremists are showing up, with guns, to the protests against police brutality that have exploded across the country.

Others are egging on the violence from behind their computers, urging followers to carry out acts of violence against black protesters with the goal of sparking a “race war.”

(Via Joe.My.God.)

Meanwhile, Trump has threatened to send in the army, and is rallying his supporters while the police are out of control in Louisville (targeting the press, no less), New York (police cruisers are great for crowd control), Minneapolis (reporters make good targets), Columbus, OH (target a congresswoman -- that's get you points), and who knows where else that I haven't run across yet?

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

No comments: