"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Liar du Jour

It's so hard to choose, but today it's Moscow Mitch with a major whopper. First, a swipe at Obama for criticizing President Quid-Pro-Quo:

Now, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has weighed in. And rather than focusing his comments on defending the current president, he took aim at the former one, stating that "President Obama should've kept his mouth shut."

"You know, generally, former presidents just don't do that," McConnell told President Trump's daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, during an interview streamed live by the Trump campaign Monday night. "I remember President George W. Bush and his father went right through eight years of Democratic administrations after they left office and kept their mouths shut because they didn't feel it was appropriate for former presidents to critique even the president of another party."

In W's case, it was because the only thing Obama did that deserved criticism was letting him and the other war criminals in his administration off the hook.

Strangely, the biggie is not in the CBS story. But, Twitter to the rescue (and I never thought I'd say that):



And the riposte:



But then, McConnell has gotten more and more brazen since Trump took office -- he's not even making excuses any more. Apparently he's convinced that one-party rule is firmly established.

Via Joe.My.God.

No comments: