"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Immigration, Part II

From column by Vox Day, who, for those not familiar with his screeds, bills himself as a "Christian libertarian" (get it? Vox Dei? In my day we called it "hubris."), and is a member of, among other things, MENSA. (I knew there was a reason I never joined. Brains don't equal sanity.)

The paragraph as now posted:

It couldn't possibly take more than eight years to deport 12 million illegal aliens, many of whom don't speak English and are not integrated into American society. In fact, the hysterical response to the post-rally enforcement rumors tends to indicate that the mere announcement of a massive deportation program would probably cause a third of that 12 million to depart for points south within a week.

The paragraph as repoted by Crooks and Liars and Digby:

"Not only will it work, but one can easily estimate how long it would take. If it took the Germans less than four years to rid themselves of 6 million Jews, many of whom spoke German and were fully integrated into German society, it couldn't possibly take more than eight years to deport 12 million illegal aliens, many of whom don't speak English and are not integrated into American society"

Granted, this is WingNutDaily, but it's now on the table. In case you're about to do the "mountain/molehill" thing at me, let me remind you about this post:

Podhoretz and Derbyshire were engaged in a vigorous debate over whether it makes sense for America to preserve its ethnic composition.

There are also John Gibson's remarks, which I don't have a link for, but his "retraction" is hysterical. Here's a transcript from Media Matters:

My concern was simply that I didn't want America to become Europe, where the birth rate is so low the continent is fast being populated by immigrants, mainly from Muslim countries, whose birth rate is very high. That fact was coupled with a news item that said half of all babies in America under five are minorities and the majority of those are Hispanic.

I love it when I don't even have to comment. I just need to let them speak for themselves.

No comments: