"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sporadic

I know it's been like that, first because I'd been sick (and I really don't hate anyone enough to wish that intestinal virus on them) and then because I've been fed up, and now because 1) I'm still getting used to the new technology and 2) I'm on deadline again and have to produce reviews of things, many things, very soon.

Another upside to Conan (the new laptop's name): I took it to work with me yesterday and actually got stuff done. (Wednesdays are good for that -- they are very, very slow.) And I'm slowly getting used to the idea that I can do more than one thing at a time on this one without the whole thing coming down. (And I even get automatic virus scans without stopping everything else.)

Still figuring out the various applications, though -- Media Player is downright opaque compared to the old version, although it can do more. And documentation is nonexistent, apparently.

I'll figure it out. Eventually.

No comments: