"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Today in Disgusting People: A Master of His Craft

His craft, of course, is lying with a straight face while turning reality on its head. I refer to none other than Tony Perkins. This story really needs to be read in its entirety to get the full impact of the man's fundamental mendacity, but this line actually made me laugh:

Evangelical Christians “were tired of being kicked around by Barack Obama and his leftists,” Perkins said, “and I think they are finally glad that there’s somebody on the playground that is willing to punch the bully.”

This is probably an accurate reflection of the attitude of the evangelical base: not giving them special status and an exemption from the social contract is pushing them around.

And anyone who can call Barack Obama a "bully" while defending the atrocity that's squatting in the White House (when he's not off playing golf) is really reaching for the stars.

Needless to say, he gets the Tony Perkins Award.

Read the whole thing. It's really one long WTF? moment.

No comments: