"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, November 12, 2020

A Couple of Thoughts on the Election

Trump and the Republicans are going to keep suing to stop the counting of votes or invalidate results in a few key states. Most commentators I've seen are saying that the lawsuits have no chance of winning, but I'm not sure that's the point. If they keep the counts from being certified before the deadline, then the Republican-dominated legislatures in those states will choose the electors. Guess who they'll vote for.

In the meantime, Trump is doing everything he can to be sure that what's left of the government is a shambles. Digby has an interesting post that touches on that as well as the GOP reaction in general. Rather that try to pick out a quote -- it covers a lot of ground -- just read the whole thing.

And I just got an e-mail from the Chicago Board of Elections thanking me for being one of 800,000 Chicagoans who voted by mail or voted early.

No comments: